This is going to be a quick show-of-face, but I could not not share with you these rice crispy treats I supposedly made for my little one. My husband and I love them more than our babe does!
There’s also a quick oatmeal recipe that you can (you must!) find on my Instagram. But for when you want a cold treat, a healthy snack to curb the chocolate cravings, go no further: You can make these healthy, chocolate rice crispy treats in only a few minutes! Most rice crispy recipes out there either have butter or marshmallows. These have neither but they are delicious (I don’t even like marshmallows. Seriously). A delicious, gluten-free, and dairy-free recipe.
Here we go:
- 2 cups gluten-free crispy rice cereal.
- 1/2 cup chocolate nut butter (I used Artisana Hazelnut cacao spread and Oh.My.God.)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice- I prefer date syrup or maple syrup.
- 2 tbsp Yoursuper Chocolate Lover. *
- a handful of chocolate chips (optional).**
Lightly spray a baking tray and set aside (I always use Chosen Foods).
In a large mixing bowl, add your crispy rice cereal and the chocolate lover and set aside.
Melt the nut butter and the liquid sweetener (you can do this in the microwave or on the stovetop. I use both, depending on how impatient I am!) and then pour the mixture into the crispy rice cereal and mix well. You may need to add more liquid sweetener to make them stick together.
- Pour the mixture in the baking tray and press to cover the tray smoothly. At this point, you can add the chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate at least for a couple of hours.
- Cut into slices and serve. You can keep at room temperature but I actually like it frozen better. Thaw 10-15 minutes before serving, and it’s the perfect summer treat.
*You should be able to use just plain old cacao powder, but I highly recommend this brand and this particular mix. All organic and clean ingredients include chia seeds and lucuma. One of my favourite (and the quickest) treats is blending a banana, two Medjool dates, a little plant-based milk and the Chocolate Lover mix. Yum.
** I actually prefer these without the chocolate chips. I add them when I make them for my husband!
Editor’s note: The information in this article is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programme.