I have been trying to quit the habit of late-night snacking. I never had this habit until the baby. I never even stayed up late, since I am an early riser. The problem is, our little one is an early riser, too, which means that late nights are my only time I can be on my own, watch a show, read a little, enjoy my solitude. Anyway, so I decided that, if I’m snacking in the middle of the night, I should at least make my own snacks. My husband keeps buying my favourite crisps (chips, American friends) and crackers to which I simply cannot say no. These last few weeks, I have been baking my own crunchy snacks. MUCH healthier, and as delicious, if not more!
Here I am with two different crackers for you, one savory, one sweet, both oil-free, gluten-free and vegan.
Chickpea crackers with herbs and seeds
- 1 cup chickpea garbanzo bean flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons mashed avocado
- Minced herbs (like rosemary, thyme, or parsley) to taste
- Flax or sesame seeds to taste
Oat-chocolate grahams with a twist
You might know from Instagram that I have fallen in love with the new chocolate protein mix from Yoursuper. It’s probably THE cleanest chocolate protein mix ever, and it comes with additional benefits of cordyseps and lion’s mane. I have made edible cookie dough, no-bake brownies, overnight oats- shared some of these recipes on my Instagram account.
In line with this new obsession, the “twist” in these graham cookies is this chocolate protein mix. To be perfectly honest, I was not expecting these to turn out so delicious- especially with a glass of milk (plant-based, of course!) I couldn’t stop eating these!
For these grahams, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (you should be able to use applesauce, instead of pumpkin puree, but do keep in mind that the taste will slightly change).
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Yoursuper Chocolate Protein mix
- 3-4 tbsp water (you might want to adjust this yourself. If the dough ends up too dry to roll, add a little more water).