Satisfy cravings with these surprisingly yummy and healthy snacks. I shared one of these on Instagram before, but the rest are new. Either way, we all need yummy reminders now and then.
Before you head to the kitchen, did you know I started coaching?! AND I’m slowly organizing the various parts of my life under one roof. Feel free to find out about my fitness/nutrition coaching, discounts, and articles (including links to recipes) here.
Easy Chocolate Hummus
I mean, this one is tricky for me, because I come from a hummus country:) I grew up with hummus- at least a few times a week, we had hummus as an appetizer. The idea of chocolate hummus might be alarming to my people. BUT it really does taste yummy – and you can make it in 5 minutes! Perfect for when you want something sweet but not nauseatingly so:)
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, strained and rinsed.
- 3-4 tbsp liquid sweetener (my kid LOVES blackstrap molasses, which is a great source of iron, so I use that.)
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp tahini (I only use Artisana, because I am particular when it comes to food, especially tahini! ) *
- 4 tbsp cacao **
*Alternatively, you might want to use Artisana chocolate spread. Out-of-this-world good!
**If you have Yoursuper Chocolate Lover at hand, use that! It’s SO yummy. However, they stopped selling that mix-I’m extremely saddened, but what can I do.
In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients, and blend until smooth. You might need to add a little water to get the blender going, but be careful to not add too much. Start with less than a tbsp. You shouldn’t need to blend for more than 1 minute. Enjoy!
Protein Bliss Balls
Oooh this is one of my favourite snacks, especially as a post-workout treat.
- 1 cup all-natural smooth nut butter (I love cashew butter for these)
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener
- 1/3 cup dry rolled oats
- 1/3 cup YourSuper Plant Protein
- 1/2 cup shredded coconuts
Combine almond butter, sweetener, oats, Plant Protein, in a medium bowl; mix well with clean hands.
Shape mixture into walnut-size balls. Roll them in the shredded coconuts until they’re all covered. Place the balls in an airtight container. Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. They last in the fridge for three days.
No Flour Chocolate-Chickpea Brownies
So this is the one you might remember from Instagram. It was loved so much that I wanted to share here as well.
- 1 can garbanzo beans- drained and rinsed.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil/butter
- 2 flax eggs (or egg replacer)
- 1/2 cup liquid sweetener (Again, I used black strap molasses. Feel free to use maple syrup or date syrup).
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract.
- 1/3 cup cacao powder.
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup Nuzest Kids Good Stuff Chocolate (my husband loves this as much as my kiddo! Type SMT25 for a whopping 25% off). (If you prefer not to use this mix, and sub for cacao, or perhaps use Your Super Magic Mushroom instead, I would taste the batter and add more liquid sweetener if needed. I can’t guarantee the result, because I haven’t tried that combination, but I’m sure it will still be yummy).
Pre-heat oven to 350F. Meanwhile, blend everything in your highspeed blender. I like to add the ingredients one by one- start with the garbanzo beans, and end with Nuzest. Pour the batter into your baking pan and bake for 25 minutes. Turn off the oven, and leave the pan in the oven for another 10 minutes. Cut into pieces once it’s cool enough.
Alternatively, try baking in a large muffin tin! That’s what I will do next time, and add chocolate frosting to make healthy cupcakes!
Before you head to the kitchen, did you know I started accepting clients?! I’m slowly organizing the various parts of my life under one roof. Feel free to find out about my nutrition consultations, affiliate discounts, and articles (including links to recipes) here.
Thank you so much for considering to support my blog. The best way to show support is by sharing, liking, commenting. You can also follow Shakingmytofu on Instagram and Facebook. However you support me, please know I am truly grateful.
Help me spread the word!
I’m looking for new clients and have openings for the following months, and would love it if you would help me spread the word out!
What I do: I help people build a balanced, joyful, peaceful life with the help of sustainable nutrition and movement plans suitable for their needs, goals, and lifestyle. I would love to help you, or someone you know, develop and maintain healthy habits. If you know someone who might be interested, please feel free to send them to my website. There, you will be able to find my services explained in more detail. Reach out to me for bookings, and additional questions. I welcome and appreciate your messages. Thanks, and blessings- I am SO grateful for you!
Editor’s note: The information in this article is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition and before undertaking any diet, supplement, fitness, or other health programme.